Our team is looking for someone passionate about design who wants to work on the sustainability mission in food production and supply chain.
The products and solutions you’ll help design and shape will touch hundreds of thousands of people every single day. You will own design for your product area(s) across the product development lifecycle – from new disruptive ideas all the way to detailed interactions and polished visuals that delight our colleagues, customers, and partners.
This role requires significant time spent with our customers, partners and colleagues.
What You Will Do
- You will build domain knowledge of FarmSetu’s business, markets, and internal realities and how that influences our product experience.
- You will work hand in hand with product managers and lead engineers throughout the discovery, design, and development process to bring great ideas to life.
- You will develop a keen understanding of our users and their needs – through user research/journey mapping/experimentation.
- From this understanding, you'll craft experiences and designs that help FarmSetu products and solutions address our users’ needs, using wireframing, prototyping, sketching/visualisation.
- You will use mixed usability testing methods to gather qualitative and quantitative data, translate that data into feature enhancements or new products.
- You’ll use research to challenge and validate design decisions in an ongoing development process that strives to make the customer and user experience better.
- You’ll promote leading techniques for user research, ideation, prototyping, design, and user testing.
- Have a holistic view, understanding, and strong consideration of design and user experience, including layout, typography, colour theory, visual hierarchy, and working knowledge of Figma, MockPlus, Sketch and Invision.
We use a suite of tools including Balsamiq, MockPlus, Sketch, and Invision to name just a few. We’re also quick to adopt better tools and processes, so you’ll be more than welcome to help shape our tool suite.
What You Will Bring to FarmSetu
- 3+ years experience designing digital products and solutions, not just websites.
- You have helped ship products.
- You have a holistic understanding of product design, including visual design, experience design, and business acumen.
- You have designed experiences that people can access on any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone.
- You appreciate the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed visual and interaction design.
- You have strong experience creating beautiful high-fidelity mockups as well as prototypes.
- We prefer candidates who have experience working in businesses that combine software and hardware.(with manufacturing and logistics)
- You’re entrepreneurial; you need little direction; you're self driven and show ownership.
- You are an excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals.
- You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically for best results.
We're looking for a portfolio that clearly outlines the problems you tackled with your design work. It should touch on the process you applied rather than focusing just on visuals and landing pages. Your portfolio should be well structured and clear. Your experience should ideally focus on designing software products.